The Benefits of a Flat Roof Coating System
Zenith Painting & Coatings is bringing commercial coating systems to new heights and onto your roof with Gaco Western Roof Coating products along with UNIFLEX Fluid Applied Roofing Systems. Your roof endures Mother nature’s best and worst while sheltering us and therefore that layer of protection should be reinforced. From severe hailstorms to gusty winds, a professional roof coating system will combat all forces of nature while reducing costs, carbon footprints, and ultimately extending the life of your roof.
The largest advantage to installing a Fluid Applied Roof Coating System is the cost savings. On average, a roof coating system will cost roughly 30 to 40% of the total cost to do a full tear off and replacement of the existing flat roof; not to mention that in most in most regions, it is considered a “line item maintenance expense” allowing you to enjoy the full amount of the expense in the same calendar year rather than the 5 year amortization schedule required of all “capital expenditures” such as a full re-roof project.
Energy Reduction & Credit
An additional benefit to Fluid Applied Roof Coatings is the reduction of energy required to cool the space during the summer. The Uniflex Roof Coatings and Gaco Western Roof Coating products are specifically engineered to reflect the vast majority of UV rays hitting the roof to prevent them from heating up the surface, and subsequently the space below. This will greatly reduce the workload of the AC units which reduces utility costs while also extending the life of each AC unit. It’s a win-win-win! An increased awareness and reduction in energy consumption has prompted energy companies to offer energy credits/rebates in many regions. Check with your local utility provider to see if your home or building applies.
Fluid Applied Roof Coatings have been found to be beneficial in a number of different industries including but not limited to: Healthcare, Education, Military & Government, Retail, Offices, Manufacturing, Stadiums & Arenas, Hospitality, Multi-Family Communities, and Agriculture. Call today for a free roof inspection to see if your building will qualify and benefit from Fluid Applied Roof Coatings!
Unfortunately, the disposal of roofing products which, mainly consists of tar and rubber, fills up 15% of landfills and poses as a global environmental issue. Many times the damage on roofs are far from a point of no return, but are torn off anyway producing vast amounts of unnecessary waste. Zenith is often able to repair the existing damage to the roof and seal the entire surface with a roof coating. This will save you upwards of 60–70% of the cost to remove & replace an entire roof while eliminating the waste all together.
By applying our white or light-grey color coating, the roof will also become more reflective and retain less heat. This will reduce the heat inside of your home or building thus minimizing the use of AC units during the warm seasons.
Hail Damage Protection
More About Roof Coating Systems
UNIGUARD 5 – 15 Year Warranty
UNIGUARD™ materials warranties are recommended for roofs where basic preventative maintenance is needed and where the existing roof condition is sound with few leak issues. UNIFLEX materials-warranted systems are installed by a UNIFLEX Authorized Contractor per required application specifications.
UNIGUARD 10-15 Year Warranty
UNIGUARD™ 10 and 15-year systems warranties provide comprehensive protection and coverage for a professionally installed UNIFLEX Fluid Applied Roofing system. A full line of coatings, flashing materials, seam tapes, reinforcing fabrics, sealants and other UNIFLEX branded products are used in these installations, creating a completely watertight and fully enveloped roof system.
When the initial UNIGUARD Warranty expires on the first coating system, owners have to option to pay for a new roof coating system and Zenith will extend the warranty for the same amount of time.
Asphalt/ But Roof
Steps for Colorado Homeowners & Business Owners to Follow After a Hailstorm
- Do not have a door-to-door solicitation roofing company inspect your roof.
- Contact a local, licensed roofer to inspect your roof. If they believe the damage is significant enough to file a claim, collect your appropriate insurance policy and call the insurance agent.
- The insurance company will send a claim adjuster to your house/business to assess the damage and formulate an estimate to have your roof repaired or replaced and to repair other damaged areas as well.
- Contact the same roofer who inspected your house/business to review the estimate from the insurance adjuster, and compare reports for the repairs that are required:
- Supplementing the insurance claim may be necessary to ensure all damages from the storm are covered.
- Tip: Not all roofing contractors offer supplementing services so be sure to ask before you schedule them to come out.
- The insurance company will send you a check for your roof replacement.
- Once the roof repairs have been completed, have your roofing contractor send an invoice to your insurance company to have them add it to your records and to confirm the project was indeed completed.